Coachella 2007

Caught the 1st day only of Coachella this year.
Here's who I saw:
Silversun Pickups- I thought they sounded great and played a solid set but also realized just how much of a Smashing Pumkins knock off they are. An alright live band who put out a fantastic record.
Arctic Monkeys - Bad fashion and bad band name aside, theses little dudes lit the place up ! Super tight & highly energetic set. I really dug these guys
Jesus & Mary Chain - Sounded outstanding but lets be honest, they're just sort of stoic, motionless and there really ain't a whole lot going on in their live show. I love 'em but they're just not the worlds most exciting live band. I did get mildly excited to see Scarlett Johansson come out to do back ups on "Just like Honey" but even that ended up being a bit anticlimatic.
Jarvis Cocker - After a long delay due to equipment problems, the ex Pulp front man put on a most entertaining set. Funny & entertaining banter to go along with the great set of songs from his new album. Finished off with the secret hidden track on the cd "Cunts are still running the world"
Bjork - Stunning, Amazing, Fantastic, Stellar.
I also saw a few songs of Sonic Youth and the Brazilian Girls as I walked around eating my overpriced pizza.
I had forgotten what a trek it is out to Indio and what a mess it is getting into the damn place but once I finally got in, it was great.
Spectacular weather for a great evening. I was sad that I had to bail out by midnight and head all the way back to LA that night.
Really a lot of driving and work to only be there for one day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home